The never-ending cycle of US Presidential elections can get boring very quickly. No sooner is a President in office then the whole will-they-wont-they run again starts. Two years in and they are back on the campaign trail but has any President ever caused as much controversy as Donald Trump?
It seems like half of American loves him and the other half loathes him. But which side will win out in the 2020 US Presidential Election on November 3rd? A better question, is do any of us actually care? The answer is yes if you’re looking for something interesting to have a bet on!
At the moment Joe Biden appears to be leading in the polls. Take that with a grain of salt because they said the same about Hillary in 2016! However, bookmakers are quick off the mark and they too have given the edge to Biden for the win.
Presidential Election Odds
Joe Biden is currently the favourite in this closely run contest. Where Trump is holding rallies, Biden is taking a more cautious route and a lot of Americans appreciate it.
For that reason, Betfred is currently offering odds of 4/7 on Biden to win next month.
Donald Trump isn’t out of the race however and you can still get odds of 11/8 on him staying put in the Oval Office.
And while most of us think the dash for the White House is a two-horse race, we can’t forget that Kanye West is also in the running. The likelihood of him winning though is a 1000/1 according to Betfred. It doesn’t help that he’s not even on the ballot in a lot of states.
Not content to offer us odds on who will win, Betfred has cleverly put together a few other ‘specials’ for us to ponder.
- Trump Not To Be Re-Elected As President In 2020 Election – odds 4/7
- Democrats To Win The Presidency, Control The Senate & Win House Majority In 2020 – odds 4/5
- Trump To Lose The Popular Vote But Win The Electoral College In 2020 Presidential Election – odds 2/1
- Trump To Win Over 50% Of Popular Vote In 2020 Presidential Election – odds 4/1
- Biden To Win 31 Or More States (Not Including Dc) In Presidential Election – odds 5/1
- Trump To Win 400+ In 2020 Electoral College – odds 16/1
- Trump To Win All 50 States In 2020 Presidential Election – odds 25/1
- Biden To Win All 50 States In 2020 Presidential Election – odds 33/1
- Trump & Biden To Tie – 269-269 In 2020 Presidential Election – odds 66/1
So what do we know about the options above? We can pretty much rule out the last three. No president in the history of America has ever won all 50 states. Ronald Reagan came the closest in a landslide re-election victory, carrying 49 of the 50 states in 1984.
Going back even further in history, the last time two Presidential candidates tied on Electoral votes was in 1800. So even at 66/1 that particular outcome is almost impossible. Even if it does happen, there are ways to resolve it.
In 2009, the Democrats had Obama as President as well as majorities in both the House of Representatives and the Senate. So at odds of 4/5, it is a possibility. But it is also not particularly common for such short odds.
Ultimately, whichever way you bet, it’s going to come down to the wire. So do a bit of research from objective sources, if you can find any, and that may help you decide what to bet on.