Ever wished you’d put money on a bet that you’ve won? Of course you have, we all have. The joy of simply knowing you’re right is overshadowed by the fact that you could have doubled your winnings. That’s where Betfred’s new Double Delight Hat-Trick Heaven promotion is genius.
All you have to do is place a pre-match single bet on the first goalscorer market in any of their specified games. If your player scores you get paid out as normal. If they score a second you’ll get paid out at double the odds. And if they score a third, you’ll get your first goalscorer bet paid out at treble the odds in cash!
You literally don’t have to do anything except place the bet and watch the match. The more your player scores, the more cash you get paid out.
What Games Are Included?
The Double Delight promotion is ongoing. That means each week the games change. But there are always at least three to choose from including Premier League games. As the season gets fully underway, the matches included will change more frequently.
Is Double Delight A Good Promotion?
From the point of view of having to do absolutely nothing to get the extra cash, then yes this is a good deal.
If however, you take a closer look at the odds then it becomes a little more difficult. As an example, I’m looking at the Celtic v Ferencvárosi Tc game scheduled for Wednesday 26th August 2020. Celtic striker Albian Ajeti has odds of 3/1 to score first.
If he scores two, your bet would payout at 6/1. Those are the same odds on offer on the site. But it’s the hat-trick that proves interesting. On Betfred’s website they are offering 33/1 on Ajeti scoring a hat-trick. However, with the Double Delight Hat-Trick Heaven promotion, you would only get paid out at odds of 9/1 (treble the original first goalscorer odds of 3/1).
Of course, that’s a massive difference. However, to cover all your bases you would have to put in three separate bets which will cost you three times as much money. So in that regard, getting 9/1 instead of 3/1 for doing absolutely nothing is pretty good.
And if you really think your player can score a hat-trick you can always stick a quid on it just in case.
What Are The Stats?
Statistically not that many players notch up hat-tricks. In fact, only one player scored four goals in a game in the 2019/20 Premier League season. That was Michail Antonio for West Ham United when they played away at Norwich in July 2020.
In total there were 10 players who scored hat-tricks last season. But how many of them also scored the FIRST goal?
- Raheem Sterling for Man City against Brighton on 11th July 2020
- Anthony Martial for Man United against Sheffield United on 24th June 2020
- Christian Pulišić for Chelsea against Burnley on 26th October 2019
- Teemu Pukki for Norwich City against Newcastle on 17th August 2019
- Raheem Sterling for Manchester City against West Ham on 10th August 2019
That means in the entire Premier League season only four players ever scored first and went on to score a hat-trick. Raheem Sterling did it twice.
Players scoring two goals is far more likely. So all in all, the Double Delight Hat-Trick Heaven promotion is quite good. It may not payout at the highest level as much as you think but it does happen.
Terms And Conditions
Like all promotions, there are terms and conditions. Otherwise, people would just take the p*ss. So with that in mind, I’ve listed them here.
- Offer applies to Betfred.com & the Betfred App.
- Offer is fulfilled in real cash.
- Applies to bets placed on the specified Double Delight & Hat-Trick Heaven First Goalscorer market.
- First goalscorer odds will be doubled if a customer’s chosen player scores first and scores again.
- First goalscorer odds will be trebled if a customer’s chosen player scores first and scores two more goals.
- Singles only.
- Offer applies to bets taken prior to kick off only.
- Selected matches only.
- 90 minutes only, extra time does not count.
- Own goals do not count.
- Real cash credited with settlement of the first goalscorer market. However, in rare circumstances it may take up to 24 hours.
- Bets using existing free bet funds do not count.
- Betfred reserve the right to exclude certain customers from this offer at our discretion due to internal risk policies and/or account staking restrictions.
- General Betfred.com rules apply, see website for details.
As you can see there’s nothing particularly troubling in the T&C’s. You have to pick games in the promotion, place the bet before kick-off, and you can’t use any free bets you may have already earned.
If you really want to dominate this promotion, make sure you do your research. Look for the most prolific goalscorers and those that tend to score multiple times in a game. That might sound easy but it always helps to dig a little deeper into the stats.
GET UP TO £30 IN FREE BETS
Plus 30 Free Spins
New UK & NI customers only. Promo code SPORTS60. Deposit and place first sports bet of £10+ in one transaction, at odds of Evens (2.0)+, settled within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Max 30 Free Spins on Blue Wizard at £0.10 per spin. 7-day expiry. Full T&Cs apply. 18+ begambleaware.org. #ad.